Tuesday 31 August 2010

Shitennoji Shrine and a Secret Bar

Today was the last full day in Osaka but it was a good one! I met a couchsurfing host today (Chiaki). She was very nice and made me soumen noodles which is a summer food which is ice cold!! yummy yummy. It is really nice and she wrote down the recipe so I can make it.

After lunch I went to the Shitennoji Shrine which was very very nice. But they wouldnt allow me to take photos inside the shrine (except when the staff on duty was sleeping lol) but I got a few of the surrounding area and neighbourhoods.




When I came back we went out for a Osaka speciality called takoyaki okinomiyaki which was fantastic!!



Then she told me of this secret "underground" bar which is down a small alley in a unknown neighbourhood. You would never spot the alley if you didnt know it was there. Anyway we went in and the bar is submarine themed! You have to really slide open the front door to the place and inside is a very small bar which looks like the inside of a submarine! It even has turning wheels and buttons and switches. It is cheap for Japan because you dont have to pay an extra service charge for buying alcohol which is normal in bars.


And of course the 100 yen shop (70p), which is where I do most of my shopping XD

3 comments:

  1. Nice post Ad. Great to see what you are up to. Keep 'em coming if possible. Nice to see you've found the 100 Yen shop. That should keep you going a bit. Mam with me here in Yarm (costing me a fortune :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you've managed to put photos up again as we've really been enjoying following your blog. Take care and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can the boy who couldn't catch the right train from Congleton, be travelling all around Japan without any problems??!!

    Sounds like you're having a fantastic time - looking forward to seeing you at Jessica's party!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.