Friday 27 August 2010

The "Badass" tour of Osaka

By recommendation of my host, I did the so called "Badass" tour of Osaka today. It involes going to the South of the city where the not so rich people live. The first part of the tour was to visit a standing up bar where the food was really really cheap, yep, thats right so cheap Im going there for breakfast tommorow morning haha.


Then I went to the "hole in the wall" where there was a few vending machines serving japanese sake and other beers. I went there and started to talk to the locals. I was talking to someone who said he was homeless for 5 years!



Then I went around the "red light" district of the town. And no I didnt get a photo of it haha.

After that I got talking to another Japanese guy, around 50 who seemed to know everyone in the town and he bought me a drink and some food and we talked for a while and then he went off. Dont worry I was careful, I was going to accept the free food and drink but not get dragged into anything else haha. This is a picture of the bar where I was with him. The cook has been doing this for 35 years!



I had to stay in a hostel tonight since I didnt have anywhere to couchsurf. It cost me 2000 yen but I am doing alright. I am still using the first 10,000 yen I had when I arrived in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.