Friday 3 September 2010

Kyoto!

I havent  been able to get internet access lately which is why I havent written anything here! But now I have access to a computer thanks to my host. Kyoto is sooooo nice!! I love it! It is still a city but there is still very much a traditional feeling present. There are dozens of temples and shrines that are dotted throught the city, which makes the place look absolutely beautiful!





While I was wondering around the city yesterday I stumbled upon a Budo centre, where I politely asked if it was ok for me to watch them practice japanese archery. Very very good, it was almost like a dance the way that every step and action was performed with such precision and care. I am not sure why it was only women that were practicing on the targets, though a boy about my age was practicing in the back, drilling the same moves as the women did, but firing at point blank range into a hay target. He told me he has been doing it for 3 weeks solid and doesnt know when he will get to use the real target range.


Later on in the day I came across some hip hop dancers in the street practicing. I approached them and had a chat with them, they have been in a team for 5 years and were practicing for an event the next day. They were soooooo gooood! meccha sugoi!



Yesterday was also the first day I tried proper japanese ramen! Absolutely fantastic sooo good I love it!

1 comment:

  1. Kyoto looks great!! Bet your Japanese is really coming on.

    PS
    Mam says get your hair cut :-)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.