Friday 10 September 2010

Biwa Lake, Kure, and Hiroshima

Right so I havent written anything here recently. Thats because it has been difficult to get internet access for long enough time to write a good entry. And in some internet cafes it doesnt let you connect your camera, but enough of that heres what I have been up to recently.

I was traveling with my friend I met in Osaka and we planned to go to lake Biwa in the Shiga prefecture of Japan because she knew the captain and we could get a discount. We had a couple of hours to kill so we aimlessly wandered around Kyoto.


Biwa lake is the largest lake in Japan, as you can see it looks like the sea! We did kayaking and swam in the lake. It was awesome! The captain said next year I can come for a summer camp internship for a month, which sounds really really cool to me!



I only stayed one night because I had to catch the bus to Hiroshima! The city is sooo beautiful. It is very modern but a great sense of peace can be felt as you walk around the city.


My host was in a nearby city called Kure, which is a bout 45 minutes on the train. The train stops at countless small towns before arriving in Kure. The landscape is very uneven with mountains surrounding the towns.


Kure happens to be where they built the largest battleship in the world. The Yamato. My host (Raj) happened to be the site manager of Kures shipyard, and he is in charge of the construction of 3 ships! He was very nice to me and he cooked a fantastic curry! We went to the Yamato museum since he hadnt been himself and wanted to go aswell.


I only stayed with him for two nights so on the last night he wanted to take me out to Hiroshima to see the nightlife, and the nightlife we did see! We went to this small club (well everything is small in Japan), and danced and drank and met the locals.


We only got back to Kure at 7am haha. So when I woke up I went to Hiroshima to stay with my next host for one night. The following pictures was taken while I was walking down Peace Boulevard, Hiroshima, Japan.


3 comments:

  1. Man, Shiga's meant to be so beautiful. I'm proper jealous you got to go all over Japan, it looks like you're having a great time.
    (The manga museum sounds brilliant as well)
    Turner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ad

    Great to hear from you. Sounds like you are having a wonderful experience. The photos are great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Adam,

    Harry and Ed thought a shop that only sold Yugioh cards was the best bit by far that was until they saw the birthplace of Pokemon. Drooling over here and if you can get the new game in English they would pay handsomely for it.

    Looks like you are having a ball, wish we were there.

    All at No. 10 xxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.